Thursday, June 02, 2005

Super Student


More bike riding at Blakeburn. Matthew challenged Tika to a race - biking vs. running. I think he ended up winning, but it was close ;-).

Matthew really likes the psychedelic dancin' room at Science World. It is a room where they play music and project an image of anyone in it against the wall with some effects. He is not usually a very shy kid, but when he gets in that room he becomes a spectacle. People actually stand around and watch. He could dance in that room all day but he would end up a sweaty puddle on the floor.

Tika won some awards during her semester at Terry Fox High School. She was on the honour role (with distinction even) and some other stuff. They give awards for everything in that school. We stayed for a while but gave up when they got to "Outstanding Achievement in PE with extra special super duper honours". I think everyone in the school gets an award - it sort of dilutes the real awards and makes the whole thing hard to take seriously, not that I ever take anything seriously, but someone might.

"OMG I waited for three hours in a hot gym for a lousy hand shake?"

I'll bet he got an award for hand shaking.

1 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 10:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to correct you:). I (Tika) ran against Matthew, but I won. He was a little unsteady at passing people and he got stuck in the grass. A honourable victory, I would say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home