Monday, February 28, 2005

Day 14 in New Zealand


Well, this was our last day in New Zealand before heading home. It had been a long trip. Matthew and I decided to go back to Muriwai Beach one last time (you may remember this from our first day in New Zealand) and build a sand castle. We even took some real tools. We decided to build next to the stream running down the beach rather than near the ocean. The advantage is that you can channel the water anywhere you want and make a moat. The disadvantage is that running water is rather destructive.

This was our end result. The water had already started to do some damage but you can see the extent of the water channels we built. The sand was so fine that the walls didn't really collapse, they sort of dissolved. If nothing else you have to be impressed at how clean Matthew is after building all this out of black sand.

It was finally time to leave New Zealand and go home after three weeks away. We had a great trip but it was time to return. I can't believe I finally got through posting the entire trip to this blog. It only took three and a half months. I don't really remember much about the last day, which is why this post is so short, but we made it home without any problems in just enough time to get a few hours sleep before work the next day. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home