Tae Kwon Do

Matthew had a belt promotion ceremony for his Tae Kwon Do class. The kids were all tested ahead of time but to make it official he had to break a board with a kick. This gave me another reason to play with my new camera, but I'm still getting used to it and the lighting was poor. Let's just say that it is a bit blurry because matthew was moving so fast.
Success! He is now a yellow-with-green-stripe belt. I think that is about half way between yellow and green. Sounds like a way to get more money for promotion ceremonies to me. At least he got to keep the board he broke. It's too bad our fireplace is gas.
To celebrate his new belt we decided to take the training wheels off of his bicycle.
I thought it was going to be a rough day but after just a few hand-held launches he was off. I think he even surprised himself. I was helping him start going and running along side holding the bike when I just let go and stopped. He got about 20 feet away and yelled "Don't let go!". I yelled back "Okay!".
It wasn't all perfect. He did fall off a few times, but always got right back on. There is no stopping him now.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home