Day 5 in New Zealand

We drove north again from Whangarei, but this time east through Tutukaka and then north to Oakura Bay. Almost everything we drove through that day was farmland. I guess I expected it to be a bit more "remote". You can see by the map that the most northerly point is not far south of where we were the day before.
I didn't have time to post a fully interactive map today and it didn't add much since we only had pictures from 3 locations. Instead I went with the 3D terrain showing our route for the day.


Matthew and I built yet another sand castle at the beach in Oakura. The sand was very rough so the best we could come up with was a monolith that Matthew covered in interesting shells that he found on the beach.


On the way back to Whangarei we stopped at Whangarei falls.

Matthew took this picture at the base of Whangarei falls. Matthew and I rarely appear in pictures together. I assure you we are not the same person - he is much cuter.

Later in the afternoon we went to visit a house under construction that Jocelyn's Uncle designed. A 10000 sq ft house with a bridge to the master bedroom over the pool. It really stands out in New Zealand where every other house we saw was a small bungalow that looked like it might have once been on blocks. 



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home